Sunday, December 20, 2009

As a Christian woman, is it okay to date....??? (Christian advice please)?

A man who doesn't go to church every Sunday? I am a Christian who is involved in the church. I attend church every Sunday.





I've known this man for almost a year. we just casually talk and go out to dinner. Its never been nothing more. We recently considered getting to know each other more and seeing where it goes. However, he told me he has a relationship with God, believes and is spiritual. But sometimes he's too tired to get up and go to church after a long week or work and the gym, so sometimes on Sunday he'll get the word through the tv.





I said I want someone as dedicated as I am, and we cut things off. Was this wrong, does he not need to attend church every Sunday. I just think it's odd... and I assume he'll attend church much less than he will watch it on TV.As a Christian woman, is it okay to date....??? (Christian advice please)?
The scriptures do speak of not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together, as is the manner of some; we have so many hours each day, that we spend on other things. Why should God get our scraps? We can surely devote 3 hours on one day a week to study and show God some appreciation.As a Christian woman, is it okay to date....??? (Christian advice please)?
I'm a Christian. I'm dating a jewish guy right now so obviously he doesn't go to church every sunday, then again neither do I. I only go sometimes but the point is of course it's okay!
That's a personal decision.
i have a feeling that u have strength in religion but i have a personal view that spirituality is just as important as religion.





don't be regretful, because there's peace in God. so just find joy within urself and see what the future holds. i think ur the type who prays so, i know God sees something very special for both this man and u. maybe ask urself if one of the blessings might be u...





going back to my personal stuff, i myself have MAYBE done the opposite of the usual religious practices of many Christians. i'm dating outside, not only of Christianity but the man i'm ';dating';, he's Hindu... i know many Christians r very strict about dating within the religion but i think differently. i ask myself: is life really about just TALK? no. u can also pray about the situation and be really, really, really patient. i also think it's not wrong to date outside ur religion no matter how strong, because of PRAYER. it can change situations, right? if things really improve, for example, the person ur dating starts going to church, i would c it as a sign, and rest my case. know what i mean?





♥ and prayers


:)
I think it's important to have a guy with the same opinions and standards that you have.


If you believe God wants you to go to church every Sunday, obey!


but things are different for every person in their relationship with God.


also,


pray about dating. because again, things are different for everyone!


there is also courting, whch is a wise decision. you might want to check out the book 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye'





but again, there's nothing wrong with dating. It's just a personal choice between you and God.
As a christian woman - what do you think Jesus values the most in people?





Their loving and righteous hearts - or the act of going to church each sunday?





Do you know how many people in your parish go for the sake of it, and then do bad deeds without a thought afterwards?





It is the act of LIVING and trying your hardest to do the right thing each day. The whole of the world is a church - as long as you are close to Jesus in your heart. Deep within you know, that what I just told you is completely true. If not, then pray about it.





I think you should not judge others - leave that judgement for Jesus to make. He is the one who knows the situation a lot better than all of us. He knows when we are tired or any other thing we feel.





Even if this man is less of a believer than you are. Do not stop dating him because of that!


Open your heart woman
The bible warns us about being yoked with unbelievers. If you think that his sporadic attendance means he is not a believer then you shouldn't be with him, but if you think he does believe then I see nothing wrong with dating him.


It seems to me the big thing here isn't really about right and wrong, you said you wanted someone as dedicated as you are, and if that means to you that he should attend church every Sunday then I would advise you to stick by your principles. Personally, I know more true believers who don't attend every single Sunday so I would have no problem dating a girl who didn't attend every Sunday as long as I thought she was really dedicated to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment