Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some dating advice please, Christian perspective appreciated...?

Sorry about the length in advance, but please read and respond....





Not sure where to start, so i guess I'll start from the beginning. I am dating this girl who is two years younger than me, we met at church and went to the same highschool. She'll be a junior and I'll be a college freshman this year. We've been dating for 3.5 months now, and everything seems to be going great. We are very open and honest with each other and have set physical boundaries for dating and are both pretty solid in our faith. So from the surface everything appears all great.





However, kinda deep down I feel like I shouldn't be dating her, I don't really know how to explain it. When I'm around her I feel so amazing, and can just be myself. I've been told by her and others i'm a great bf to her (not bragging, i don't think i am, but it's what i've been told). I open the car door for her, hold her hand when we walk, embrace her when she's sad, don't let her pay for ANYTHING when we are together, tell her she's beautiful, etc.. To me, I feel like I'm doing a good job displaying agape, or selfless love like God calls us to do. But when I'm not around her, something inside me says I shouldn't be dating her. I've prayed about it, pleaded with God for some explanation or reason or for the feeling to go away, but nothing seems to change. I told her I loved her a week or so ago, because when I'm around her I honestly feel I love her, but now I'm questioning whether or not it's true love. I can't tell if it's the devil trying to tear us apart, or if God is trying to say something to me. It's really starting to get me down :(





Advice? Any help please...I really need itSome dating advice please, Christian perspective appreciated...?
God does have a still small voice. Sometimes you gotta stop what you're doing, be still, and listen. But usually when you get that ';feeling'; that you're talking about, it could be Him talking to your spirit, telling you that you guys shouldnt be together. You may not know why, but God's thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8). And He knows SO MUCH more than we do. He sees it all. And it's best to obey Him before we find out the reason why!Some dating advice please, Christian perspective appreciated...?
Don't go anything irrational.


Honestly I think it god trying to tell you this isn't the person


he has made for you...





because when it's a deep feeling in your heart,i've noticed that was god speaking to me.





just remember: mind body and soul.


mind: is what you usually think about an issue


body: is what the devil's trying to persuaded you to feel


soul: what god's telling you
I'm sure that you already know that you should go to God with it in prayer. It might be that God is weighing it on your heart that you or her, or both, aren't ready for a serious relationship yet. Have you questioned yourself, as to why it is you think the two of you might not be suited for each other, or why your having those inclinations in the first place. Do you have issues with trusting her. Is there anything you suspect about her that makes you question your relationship with her.


I think the best thing to do at your age really, is to be a good friend to her and concentrate on your next five years, in terms of who your going to be careerwise and your schooling, and if it's meant to be, you'll end up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment